Toronto FPC In Sunday School Class, we are studying the book of Daniel. I found I had book entitled “The Daniel Code” by O. S. Hawkins. The author of this book has piqued my thinking on my word for this year. That word is FAITH. In the book of Daniel, we have the story of Daniel and his three friends, Shadrack, Meshack, and Abed-Nego. The three friends of Daniel refused to bow down to the 90 foot tall that King Nebuchadnezzar had ordered be built. In response to the king's commanding that the three friends be put to death inside a furnace, set to be seven times hotter than normal, they responded that their God would not allow this to happen to them. Then their next words were “But if not. . .” they wished it be known that they honored God's wishes and followed his commands by not bowing down to a lesser god and any idols. Mr. Hawkins tells his readers that those three words are words of faith. As I live out my life, I have learned that my faith should be in Christ...
What a beautiful song, thank you for sharing Cecelia.
ReplyDeleteJust hearing the title. has helped me through my present ordeals. Be Blessed, dear friend.
DeleteI guess you DO have another blog! I tried to find it before, and couldn't, so now I know where it is and I will add it to my list so I can get your posts. I am sorry I haven't been visiting here, I just didn't know where you were! Thank you for sharing this beautiful song. Blessings to you today, my friend.
ReplyDeleteYes, I enjoyed the song when I heard it at church. So nice to hear from you again, Be blessed.
DeleteOh, Cecelia, this was such a touching song and the young lady's voice is perfection. Thanks so much for sharing; these are just the words I needed to hear. Blessings!
ReplyDeleteThank you for your wonderful thoughts. Be blessed.
Delete